Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The super-secret super-duper highway plan


For somebody who studies highway stuff all the time, I have to admit, an article in today's NY Times blew me away. I can't believe I haven't heard of this before, but apparently there are some out there who believe that the "New World Order," or at least a shady cabal of profiteers, have a super secret plan to build a super-duper highway that will connect Mexico and Canada, by way of the good ol' U.S.A. It is apparently just the latest in a nefarious scheme to scuttle our sovereignty and create a huge North American country dominated by non-white anglo-saxon protestants. Okay, well, that's a little over-the-top for me. My guess is that those who believe this conspiracy theory are confusing it with the huge Texas east-west highway plan that is on the table. The next thing you know, we'll find out that Yale's Order of the Skull and Bones and the Knights Templar are behind this. Hey, maybe I can write a book called "The Super-Duper Highway Code," and make a million off the movie rights. Your comment?

Labels: , , ,